BlueHost vs GreenGeeks, one of the top 10 web hosting companies in today’s world. Today we gonna make a comparison for them.
BlueHost being founded in 2003, while GreenGeeks was founded in 2008.
Since all web hosting services are not the same, it is hard to find who is the best for you and your business.
Even if you are just a beginner, choosing the right hosting from the start can help you achieve great success in the future.
How so? You want your website to be faster than your competitors, being 24/7 available for your visitors.
Having a website that is down a couple of hours a day can seriously damage your reputation on Google and your visitors.
A general overview of both hosts
They have amazing features and amazing performances, we gonna discuss them below, so keep reading.
GreenGeeks is probably the best eco-friendly web hosting provider today. Providing super-fast web hosting, they are also committed to offsetting any carbon footprints by any of their data centers.
BlueHost vs GreenGeeks – Pricing
BlueHost offers 4 shared hosting plans:
- Basic plan ($2.95/mo) – You can host 1 website, have 50 GB SSD Storage with Unlimited Performance and free SSL Certificate
- Plus plan ($5.45/mo) – You can host unlimited websites, unlimited SSD Storage and Bandwidth, free SSL Certificate plus Spam Experts.
- Choice Plus plan ($5.45/mo) – You get everything like the plus plan, plus having Domain Privacy + Protection with SiteBackup – CodeGuard Basic.
- Pro plan ($13.95/mo) – You can host unlimited websites, unlimited SSD Storage and Bandwidth, High performance, 2 spam experts, domain privacy + protection with Dedicated IP aswell.
You will get these amazing prices for a long term plan, and I will explain below why using BlueHost is worth it.
GreenGeeks offers 3 shared hosting plans:
- Lite plan ($2.95/mo) – you can host 1 website on it, unlimited web space and data transfer, a free domain name for 1st year with free SSL and Standard Performance.
- Pro plan ($5.95/mo) – you can host unlimited websites, unlimited web space and data transfer, a free domain name for 1st year, free SSL, with 2x performance and PowerCacher included.
- Premium plan ($11.95/mo) – you can host unlimited websites, unlimited web space and data transfer, a free domain name for 1st year, free dedicated IP, 4x Performance with PowerCacher included.
You get these amazing and cheap prices if you pay for long-term hosting with GreenGeeks, the same applies to BlueHost too.
My recommendation is to pay for the hosting for long a possible, so you can get the best deal possible. Prices on the hosting plans will go up, and that is for both web hosting companies, BlueHost, and GreenGeeks, but BlueHost will be cheaper when it is time for a new payment.
Bluehost vs GreenGeeks – Speed
Being one of the best hostings today, BlueHost strives by perfections and having the best service for their customers.
Using industry-leading technologies, KVM and OpenStack, to make sure your website is fastest.
GreenGeeks, they have one of the best speed technologies (PowerCacher), which can guarantee fast loading times for your visitors. They offer Cloudflare CDN to speed up your website.
We have tested both web hostings speeds, and we found the winner.
BlueHost the average load page was 424ms, and this is one of the reasons why BlueHost is one of the top performers in today’s hosting world. On the other hand, Green Geeks took 697ms, which is faster than 94% tested websites worldwide.
BlueHost vs GreenGeeks – Easy to use?
BlueHost makes it really easy for anyone to start hosting their websites on their servers. The entire process is quick and really easy.
GreenGeeks is not hard as well, they offer cPanel and have amazing documentation, so that’s why make takes a little longer.
BlueHost offers a 30-day money-back guarantee no questions asked. This not apply to add-on products (domains).
GreenGeeks offers also a none question asked money-back guarantee for a period of 30 days too.
If you are not satisfied with GreenGeeks for any reason, the will refund you within 30 days, unless there are any setup fees, domain registrations or transfer costs.
This is key to your next web hosting. There are tons of things that can go wrong with owning a website, crushed plugins, infected websites from malware.
BlueHost offers 24/7 support to its clients and they offer it for every web hosting plan. That’s telling that they care for their clients.
GreenGeeks also provides 24/7 support. Also, they have extensive guides that can help you solve almost any problem you will experience.
But, you can always just talk with chat agents, I do that myself all the time, don’t have time to bother with any guides.
I’ve had excellent experiences with both support teams. BlueHost and GreenGeeks agents are very educated, respond fast to everything.
This is tight, but if I’m pushed to choose one, I will go with BlueHost. They offer cheaper hosting plans after the discounted price that you pay at first.
They also have faster servers than GreenGeeks, so uncle Google gonna love that.
BlueHost has lower renewal prices as well.
GreenGeeks has its advantages, they are power by 300% renewable energy, choosing 1 of the 4 data centers, Free Cloudflare CDN.
BlueHost also hosts over 2 million websites, while GreenGeeks hosts 300 thousand websites.