The one thing I prayed for before I started writing this post was to really find the patience to get into all the details of how would I build this six-figure blog. Well, after 1150 words of content I realized that somehow my prayer came true.
This post reveals few of the details that I really don’t want you to know when it comes to making money from a blog. Giving you this kind of knowledge scares the crap out of me and makes me feel very stupid for doing it for free.
The truth is that not many of you will ever take action after reading this post, and many of you would never make it till the end, which in an awkward way makes me feel safer. No offence to all the doers out there but that just the way how some people are made.
To all the doers out there: Stay with me!
SO, WHAT’S THE BIG F**KING IDEA?
The idea is actually very simple and the strategy behind it is hiding in a small website called Flippa. Well, not really “small” actually, it just sounded more romantic. Flippa is like the eBay for buying and selling blogs and websites and is hiding the strategies that blogs and websites are using to generate a five-figure monthly income.
In baby language:
Flippa + SEO + you doing stuff = Ferrari diapers!
In order for a website to be successfully sold on Flippa it must reveal all of its money making strategies and its monthly income reports. Also it must show its traffic sources and when most of times they totally depend on SEO practices they even show the keywords that is ranking for in the SERP.
DO YOU GET THE POINT?
Instead of coming up with an idea myself and experimenting if it would actually work after months and moths of hard work I would simply go to Flippa, steal an idea for a blog or website that makes tons of money by using SEO strategies and replicated it with better design, higher quality content and higher rankings in the SERP.
To be more precise, this is exactly what I would do:
1. I would go over to Flippa.com and I would find a website that has a decent amount of bids and a six-figure “buy now” offer.
2. I would read the information about the monthly visitors and the traffic sources for the website. If most of its traffic comes from organic search I would type the website domain in open site explorer and analyze the anchor text for most of its backlinks.
3. By analyzing the anchor text of the backlinks I would write down the ones that I think are the most targeting keywords and I would check their monthly search volume and competition with the Google Keyword Planner Tool.
4. I would type the keywords I wrote down on paper earlier and I would search every single of them in Google as if to check the ranking position of the website domain for those keywords. I would also analyze the backlinks profile for the main website and the profile of their competitors.
5. If the website ranks high for any of those keywords with a page or a post I would open the page or post and analyze the ON PAGE SEO features for that keyword.
6. If the post/page leads to an offer from an affiliate program I would analyze the marketing strategy that they used to send people to the offer. If they’re using AdSense I would also analyze how their ads are displayed and where.
7. Once I’m at the product page of the affiliate program they use to generate most of the income I would look for an “affiliate program” link and sign up for an account.
8. From this point I would purchase the product and analyze how people usually search for this kind of product. With this information I can come up new ideas for posts that could potentially promote the product. (how to posts, top 10 list, reviews)
9. I would start creating content by doing a better, smarter and a better looking page or post than the one which the website is using to promote the product.
10. The first post that I would write would be with a very similar title of the one that is helping the website earn the commissions. The other post/pages will be a how to posts or reviews targeting the main keywords that a potential customer would search for.
11. After creating at least 20 posts of killer content I would look to buy an aged PR5 domain with high domain authority level that is relevant to the niche I’m targeting. If I couldn’t find a proper domain I would register a new one, making sure that the title is somehow associated with the niche I’m targeting.
12. I would set the name serves of the domain on a new hosting account that I would purchase from Hostwinds and connect the domain with Google Webmaster tools.
13. I would upload all the content on the site and check if there are any crawl or accessibility errors. From Google webmaster tools I would also monitor the keyword phrases that people are using to discover my content.
14. I would write 10 guest post articles using my main keyword as anchor text and I would point it to my root domain. I would also use the brand name as anchor text and other relevant keywords pointing to different pages of my website.
15. I would look for guest posting opportunities to relevant sites with high PR and I would gently ask them if they would be interested in publishing a guest post.
16. I would use
17. I would work towards on publishing fresh content every week targeting content relevant keywords with links pointing to my main keyword page.
18. I would constantly build different types of backlinks (
19. From this point I would relax and enjoy the profits of the first 3 months by traveling to some interesting destinations and soonest I’m back home I would list my website on Flippa for a six-figure “buy now” price.
Well, I think I covered enough of what I would do. Now I want to hear it from you. What would you do to build a six-figure blog in less than 3 months?